Holidays Academy RP Forum
Welcome! If you've be here before, welcome back! <3 Please log-in! We're glad to have you back. c': If not, be sure to read the rules and register for an account so you can get it on the fun. We're glad to have you!
Welcome! If you've be here before, welcome back! <3 Please log-in! We're glad to have you back. c': If not, be sure to read the rules and register for an account so you can get it on the fun. We're glad to have you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where members of Holidays Academy can have a more organized roleplaying experience for outside of the chats.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lily and Eve: Consolation

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Name: Cain Kandi
Town: Christmas Town
Year:
Lily and Eve: Consolation Left_bar_bleue0/0Lily and Eve: Consolation Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Lily and Eve: Consolation Empty
PostSubject: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyTue Aug 13 2013, 14:38

It had been a beautiful day. There were no clouds in the sky, and the flowers popping up for Easter had begun creating pretty patches on the ground. Everything had begun smelling like honey and roses and the students spent more time outside than anywhere else.

Except Lily, Eve had noticed.

Sitting up from her comfortable position in the grass next to Greg, she looked around. The red, unruly locks topped by a tall, green hat weren't visible among her peers. It was much unlike Lily. She loved weather that resembled Spring more than anything, and, knowing this and other out-of-character traits the short, green-eyed girl had been displaying lately, Eve knew that the break-up couldn't be going well on her end. Greg gave her a questioning look and Eve shook her head, as if to say, "Later." Salem and Yule were much too excited, talking quickly and loudly about plans for getting out of the school and going somewhere to hang out or sight-see for Eve to touch that topic with a ten-foot pole in front of them. Greg seemed to understand that it had something to do with them, because he accepted the answer and closed his eyes before placing his hand on top of hers.

When Eve found a moment where they weren't talking, she remarked, "Why don't just you three go? It's been a while since the three of you did anything fun together like that. I have some work to do here, anyway."

She could tell Yule didn't quite buy it, but after they expressed their regret that she wouldn't be able to join them, they moved on. Greg opened his eye again and looked at her quizzically. When Eve was sure the other two weren't looking, she mouthed "Lily," before picking a green flower and placing it in his hair. They had gotten used to silent conversation as of late, and he immediately understood. He squeezed her hand a little before picking a tiny, blue flower himself and putting it in her hair, echoing where she had put his. He pushed some hair out of her face and gave her a look that made her feel like she was prettier than anyone around before contentedly closing his eye again.

--------

Eve woke up around ten the next morning to a note on her dresser that couldn't be from anyone but Gregory. She smiled before opening it, eyes still hurting from sleeping for so long and hair still in a mess, and read,

"My Dearest Eve,

Went to Easter Town with Yule and Salem. We're pretty sure it's the only town left that none of us have seen. We'll (hopefully) be back for dinner. Smile

Yours,
Greg"

There was more, but One interrupted her before she got that far. She purred and meowed loudly before brushing up against her legs.

"What is it, One?" Looking down, she noticed that One had what looked like a bracelet in her mouth. Eve knelt and took it. It was indeed a bracelet, with a purple flower sewn on with a button. Quite obviously knitted. She smiled before looking back at the rest of the note.

"P.S. One has a bracelet I made for you. I didn't want to fight her too much because you looked so peaceful and I know how you like your sleep."

Lily and Eve: Consolation Gregor10

Lily and Eve: Consolation Gregor11

Eve put it on immediately. She stroked One a few times, who purred contentedly before Eve filled her food and water bowls and walked to the bathroom on her toes. It was a beautiful start to a day, and she was hoping that it would go just as well with Lily.

She got ready before making her way up to the 1st floor so she could eat before heading to the 5th floor to find Lily. The normal amount of students appeared to be there, and Eve could have sworn she saw a flash of red curls exit through the other door.

Eve ate near Romulus and Emma's small group (since the ones she usually ate with were gone) and left almost as soon as she arrived to head back to her room for some sort of gift for Lily. Remembering the candlesticks she made a few days prior on the Valentine's Day floor, she found a gold candlestick holder (courtesy of the teacher in charge of the event, who said her candles were beautiful) and rummaged through her candlesticks until she found a green one. Miss Heartnet (the nice one) had said the wax and wicks of the pink candles was enchanted to burn forever and be cool to the touch. However, since the color pink still gave Eve a sick feeling in her gut, she made everything but pink ones, slightly sad to miss out on the everlasting candles. After rifling through her sewing equipment (and trying to keep the many strings and ribbons away from One, who batted at them as she worked), she found a white ribbon, snipped it, and tied it in a bow around the holder.

Taking the lift this time (she sometimes forgot just how extensive the school was and how many stairs there were to climb), she went to the top floor of the building and made her way to Lily's room. It was a good place to start, if nothing else.

Eve knocked on the door quietly. "Lily?" she called. "Are you in there?"

Last edited by zykrinnox on Sat Aug 17 2013, 15:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://zykrinnox.deviantart.com
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Name: Lily Finnigan
Town: St. Patrick's
Year:
Lily and Eve: Consolation Left_bar_bleue4/4Lily and Eve: Consolation Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 05:12

Lily lay on her bed, resting on her stomach, head nestled in her arms, throwing a ball of light against the wall and catching it as it bounced back. She had spent most of the day trying not to think about Yule, or Salem for that matter, or Greg. Ever since she had caught wind of their planned outing yesterday, she couldn't stop thinking about how she'd like to go. She'd been able to hang out with them less and less, since she hated to cause tension. She could hardly be in the same room as Yule, what with the heated looks the deer boy sent her, and wit her own mixed emotions on the matter. She'd thought a lot since the break up. She wasn't used to examining, or even really thinking about, her emotions. She normally just did something and didn't question it. But then again, nothing had ever blown up in her face as hugely as this had.

She rolled over onto her back at the knock on her door. The ball of light landed and broke on her head, scattering splots of golden light across her forehead. She grimaced and sat back up, rubbing her eye.

"Ah, just a minute," she called, rolling out of bed. She walked over and opened the door, trying to put on a cheery smile. "Heya, Princess. What'cha want?"
Back to top Go down
http://christgirl253.deviantart.com/
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:
Lily and Eve: Consolation Left_bar_bleue0/0Lily and Eve: Consolation Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 13:45

Eve raised her eyebrows at her. "I came to check in on you, silly bat." She peeked around Lily's room over the top of her head and saw the usual clutter and St. Patrick's Day decorations, but nothing extremely out of the ordinary. Light still shone in the window, the bottles of alcohol weren't excessive in number, books that had probably been touched twice in her entire time spent at the academy were still in their normal place... Nothing was really different.

Knowing better than to be fooled by a room being kept in a similar state, she held out the candle and said, "Can I come in? I brought this for you. Thought it would match your room."
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:
Lily and Eve: Consolation Left_bar_bleue4/4Lily and Eve: Consolation Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 14:36

Lily walked back and nonchalantly sat on her bed. "Feel free," she said, gesturing to the table beside her bed. She swung her legs back and forth as Eve walked over and placed the candle among the clutter. She glanced at the floor as she said, "But you don't have to check on me, y'know. I'm fine." She looked up and pointed a finger accusingly at her friend, "And I'm not nine, thank you very much."
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 15:36

Eve raised an eyebrow as she noticed that Lily's eyes were just barely pinker than normal. "Oh? Well, my mistake then," she said before pulling out a very small package of matches to light the candle. "I got these from Greg's house. I think my... fire thing is slowly getting better."

She lit the match and then lit the candle. It had an after-the-rain smell that Eve hoped Lily would enjoy. Pocketing the matches, she sat down next to her.

"So, what have you been up to? I haven't seen you around much," she said, leaving all accusation out of her voice even though she was absolutely accusing her of not being okay. "It's been beautiful outside. Spring's really setting in now."
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 15:49

"Good on ya!" she said encouragingly, watching the zombie girl light the candle. She appreciated the scent for a moment before giving her friend a slightly shifty look. "I've been studying," she said. "Candy's been riding me pretty hard, don't want to fail right before graduation, right?" She attempted a laugh, shifting her gaze up to the ceiling instead of the floor.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 15:55

If there was any doubt that Lily wasn't doing so well, it all vanished at that.... shoddy (at best) excuse. Eve looked at her intently, blue eye narrowed, eyebrows raised incredulously. She chuckled a bit in spite of herself.

"Well, if there was a chance I would think that I might have been hasty in my assumption.... now...." She paused for a moment before continuing, "Lily, what's wrong?" She knew exactly what was wrong, but asked anyway to be polite.
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 16:03

Lily winced. She'd known her excuse was poor, but it was the first thing that popped in her mind as to why she hadn't left her room. "Nothing." she said defensively, blinking hard. She didn't want to talk about her feelings. "Nothing is wrong!" she crossed her arms and looked away, already feeling a ball of suppressed anxiety and intensity welling up from her chest.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 16:18

Nodding understandably, she decided to go with another tactic. Placing her arms around her carefully, she petted Lily's hair and shushed her very quietly.

"Lily, it's okay." She thought for a moment before saying, "Boys are dumb. I wouldn't be able to get over One just even running away for a while, let alone getting over a boy I liked in this amount of time." She smiled just a tiny bit, hoping Lily remembered her advice from nearly a year ago when Eve went through a similar situation. "You still have friends."

((I'M SO MAD THAT SHE HAS TO SAY THIS BUT SHE DOES BECAUSE SHE'S NOT EVEN THINKGINB AOTU GIT HADKL;GFEDSA))
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 16:34

That was a bit too much for Lily to hear, especially giving the circumstances surrounding this conversations.

"No!" she cried, the ball of emotions rising up into her throat and making her eyes sting. "No, I don't have any friends! Because they're all friends with him, and since we can't be in the room together anymore, it always has to be a choice between who they'll hang out with, and it's almost always him! They're always hanging out with him!" She stopped herself before she went farther, biting her lip hard. Now that she'd finally said it, she actually didn't feel any better. She had just confirmed to herself what she'd been thinking all along, that because of the problems she'd caused, and the way she'd acted, she'd driven her friends away. Because she couldn't edge her way in and force them to choose. She felt that she was far more in the wrong than Yule was, and therefore she had to be the one to get pushed to the side.

Besides, if given the choice, she was sure most of them would choose him anyway.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 16:39

Eve furrowed her brow, understanding that she had said something awful, and frowned at the last bit of her thought.

"Lily, no one feels as though they have to choose between you and him. No one feels that way. Gregory hangs out with Yule because they go way back, but if I asked him if you were his friend, I'm certain he would say yes, though not as close as you and I. Salem would still love pranking and being pranked by you, no matter how close he is to Yule." She edged back a little ways so she could look Lily in her green eyes, hands still on her shoulders.

"And besides, I don't feel like I have to pick, but if I did? I would pick you. It wouldn't even be a hard decision," Eve said with confidence. "That's why I didn't go with them today. I wanted to be sure you were alright. I told them I had some work to do and they went alone. In reality, I felt like I needed to check in on my best friend."
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 16:45

Lily looked into her eyes for a few moments before lowering her head. Her face screwed up, trying to fight back tears, she lay her head against Eve's chest and choked out along with the first few tears, "It's just. so. hard. to. see. him." She gently gripped the other girl's dress with one hand and her bedspread with the other. Part of her wanted to grit her teeth, swallow the tears, thank Eve, and usher her out of her room, but the other part was so, so, so glad to finally have someone to talk to about this.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 16:53

Holding on to her tightly, she allowed her to speak freely, interjecting with comforting words every now and again like, "I know," and "I understand," and "I'm so sorry." She could feel how long she was keeping it in, and she knew how upset she must be now. Eve had never seen her cry before. She was fairly certain that Eve had cried more within a happy week than Lily had in her entire life.

"These things just take time, Lily," she said after a moment, not sure if the sentiment would help in any way.
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 16:57

Lily slowly shook her head between the shaking of her shoulders. "No," she said, "you, don't, under, stand. I messed up, so, bad." She clenched her fists tighter, digging her nails into her palms. She fought for control so hard, but she could feel it instead slipping away as her cheeks grew hotter and wetter, all the mistakes she'd made swirling through her head.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 17:00

At this point, even Eve shed a few tears, but she was determined to keep it together for her friend-- her best friend at that.

"Lily, we all make mistakes... Remember when I broke up with Gregory because I thought he was too good for me and no other reason? If you don't say that's a mistake then I'm probably going to accuse you of lying." She hoped it would lighten the mood a little bit, but also didn't want to try too hard because she knew Lily needed this.
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 17:05

"But I dated Lenox. And not because I liked him, but just to hurt Yule. That's the worst possible thing you could do to a person. And Lenox even liked me, so I broke two people's hearts. And now, now Yule hates me, even though I, I..." she found she couldn't finish her sentence, her throat blocked with fear and despair. Instead she buried her face deeper into her friend's shoulder, her tears soaking into the black fabric of her dress.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyFri Aug 16 2013, 17:11

Eve allowed a few more tears to roll down her cheeks, but remained silent while stroking Lily's hair.

"You felt trapped," she said finally. "We all do crazy things when we think we've been caged. I'm not saying you were in the right, I'm just saying that you're not the only one to have made the mistake before. Yule is still partially at fault for getting so jealous at what is your (nearly) perfectly normal behavior. He should have trusted you..." she trailed off before it was obvious that her voice was wavering from crying for her friend.

She had been cooped up in her room for how long before Eve finally came? How long had she felt this way and how long had Eve ignored her, hoping she was fine?

Too long.
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptySat Aug 17 2013, 00:36

Lily simply sat for a while, crying into her friend's shoulder. After a while she thought it was calming down, but a fresh wave of depression washed over her along with new thoughts of what she'd done. Eventually she calmed down, drawing ragged breaths as she regained control of her body. She readjusted her head, laying her hot and sticky forehead against Eve's neck. The cool touch of the blue skin helped calm and focus her thoughts away from all that. She sat in her new position, the silence now reigning in the room ringing in her ears.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptySat Aug 17 2013, 02:30

After a few minutes in silence, Eve stroking Lily's unruly locks throughout it all, she whispered, "I'm sorry if you did need me here earlier. I just wanted to give you space. I'll be here for you from now on, okay?" She tried to sound hopeful with her last few words.

She stared at the candle (glowing a faint green) and hugged Lily a little tighter. She forgot how small she was sometimes. Lily was always strong enough that no one ever really thought about how tiny she actually was, but even the strongest person had a weakness.
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptySat Aug 17 2013, 23:07

Lily released a long, pent-up sigh.

"Nah," she said wearily. "If you'd try to come sooner, I probably would've just got mad at ch'ya." She slowly lifted her head back up, rubbing the wet away from her red eyes.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptySun Aug 18 2013, 13:38

Eve drew out a long breath before putting her hands back in her lap and becoming quite interested in them for a while.

Finally, she said, "I don't suppose you want to get out of this room and go do something, do you? The boys aren't going to be back for quite a while now."
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptySun Aug 18 2013, 15:47

Lily sighed and flopped back onto her bed, her feet still dangling off the edge.

"Achhh, I don't know. Where would we even go?" she asked, laying her hands on her stomach and inspecting the dots on her ceiling that she'd put there after a night of particular boredom, bed jumping, and magic marker fingers.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptySun Aug 18 2013, 21:53

Eve shrugged while looking up to see what Lily was looking at.

"I dunno. We could go to your place or my place or wander around the school or even just go for a walk. We could do whatever, really." Eve flopped down next to her, now enthralled by the dots on her ceiling. They looked a lot like marker, she decided before looking over at Lily and deciding they must be.
Back to top Go down
Kryss~
The Doctor
Kryss~

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyWed Sep 18 2013, 23:12

"Yeah, a walk sounds nice," Lily said, sitting back up, balancing herself on her hands splayed behind her. A walk really did sound nice. She needed fresh air after her crying session, and she hadn't been anywhere but her dorm room in a long time. She figured going someplace new (or at least different) would help her clear her head and focus on other things. She stood up, stretching. "How 'bout we just walk in the woods and play it by ear?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife
zykrinnox

Character Reference
Year:

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation EmptyThu Sep 19 2013, 02:00

Perking up now, she straightened her back and hopped off the bed before offering a hand to Lily (not that she needed it) to get up. "Sure! That sounds lovely to me," she said in a sing-song voice. Let's go outside! She hopped over to Lily's door and opened it for her. "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Eve: Consolation   Lily and Eve: Consolation Empty

Back to top Go down

Lily and Eve: Consolation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Holidays Academy RP Forum :: Student Boards :: Private Student Boards-
Jump to: