Holidays Academy RP Forum
Welcome! If you've be here before, welcome back! <3 Please log-in! We're glad to have you back. c': If not, be sure to read the rules and register for an account so you can get it on the fun. We're glad to have you!

Where members of Holidays Academy can have a more organized roleplaying experience for outside of the chats.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Prufus: Disclosing to a Flickering Flame

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife

Character Reference
Name: Cain Kandi
Town: Christmas Town
Year:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Prufus: Disclosing to a Flickering Flame   Mon Sep 09 2013, 19:14

Prudence: Blinking slowly at his house, she froze before turning to him and saying, "I thought you were a farmer." She gestured with her free hand at the fields behind the house. "You know. Poor or at the most middle class farmboy." Her mind was searching for who on earth could have so much money in Thanksgiving To--

"Rufus.... AUGUSTINE CORNELIUS!!!" she exclaimed. "I'm dating th- th--" Actually raising her hand and slapping it on her cheek once, somewhere in between a hand raise in shock and slapping herself as she spoke, she began severely questioning her intelligence. She had never once thought about the fact that his name linked him to a long line of noble harvest lords, this line specifically being related to the Duke. She wasn't sure how close his relation was, but she knew at the very least that it wasn't distant due to the sheer amount of money he apparently possessed. You could survive in Thanksgiving Town without money if you bartered-- it wasn't even neccessary and it was also considered fairly wealthy to have any. He clearly had plenty to spare.

She stood in wide-eyed shock at the building, both wanting to run inside and also not step foot in a place so lavish in fear of breaking something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zykrinnox.deviantart.com
CommanderStarseed
Suave Harvest Lord Husband

Character Reference
Name: Rufus Cornelius
Town: Thanksgiving
Year:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Prufus: Disclosing to a Flickering Flame   Mon Sep 09 2013, 19:25

Rufus: He blinked, unsure if this was a good or bad reaction.

"W-well," He stammered, trying to explain himself. "I am technically a farmer. I mean." Like she had, he gestured to the fields behind his home. "But I never meant to imply that I wasn't actually... a lord. My title is quite literal." He chuckled self-consciously, and adjusted his bandanna for lack of anything else to do with his free hand.

"Shall we?" He prompted at last, taking a step ahead of her and gently tugging on her hand. He used his other hand to gesture extravagantly to the front door, using his magic in the dark of the night to have some roots of the plants on either side of the door to open it. Warm orange light poured out from inside, spilling out onto the stone steps in front of the entrance and a little ways onto the grass outside.

He really, really hoped it looked inviting, or else he was just terrifying the woman he loved so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://commanderstarseed.deviantart.com/
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife

Character Reference
Year:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Prufus: Disclosing to a Flickering Flame   Tue Sep 10 2013, 13:55

Prudence: "W-wait," she stammered. "You're the Harvest Lord? Not just... one of them? As in-- you're the newest Duke???"

She did begin moving in the house (because it did look very warm and comforting) but her shock made her movements slow. She felt like that should have come up in conversation at some point-- the fact that he was the Duke of the Harvest. And he did say it, sure! But there was a big difference between being one of the spirits of the harvest-- also called harvest lords-- and being the Spirit of the Harvest with capital letters.

Despite her shock, she gasped when she was inside the house and all thoughts of the Academy fluttered out of her mind almost as quickly as they arrived. The slight unease was still there, but she no longer felt as if it were crucial for her to be back at the Academy because it was right here only better.
Back to top Go down
CommanderStarseed
Suave Harvest Lord Husband

Character Reference
Name: Rufus Cornelius
Town: Thanksgiving
Year:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Prufus: Disclosing to a Flickering Flame   Tue Sep 10 2013, 18:33

Rufus: Relaxing slightly as Prudence went inside, he followed after her and closed the door behind them.

Throwing his coat and gloves over the back of a chair by the lit fireplace, he did a once over to make sure everything was still in place. (As though someone would've sneaked into his home and rearranged anything.)

Though he'd never say it out loud, Rufus had the lingering thought that Prudence had slight agoraphobia when it came to leaving the school grounds. She certainly would, if completely necessary, but as soon as the opportunity presented itself to return she would always leap at the chance. And on more than one occasion she had come up with an excuse or refused his invitations to accompany him outside of the school.

With that in mind, and the knowledge her favourite place in the school was in the library, Rufus had partially rearranged his home. Though access to the kitchen, bathroom, and a staircase to one of the higher levels was open should she choose to wander further, he had dragged several of his own book shelves into new positions to block off certain... not-as-well-kempt areas of his home. This had the added benefit of making the space look much more like a library, though not an exact replica of the academy's by any means. He thought it may ease the stress on her mind.

Standing by the fire and rubbing his hands as though they were cold, he spoke more to the chimney than to Prudence.

"Well, I... i-it's hard to clarify capitalization while speaking." He mumbled self-consciously. While he certainly wasn't ashamed of his status - far from it, really - he had always found it bothersome to discover people treated him differently should they think he was some kind of aristocrat. And he never, ever wanted to experience Prudence treating him differently based on such a thing. "So I might have... let you think I was just a simple farm boy." With a laugh, he raised his head to watch her, the warm glow of the fire hugging around the curves of that side of his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://commanderstarseed.deviantart.com/
zykrinnox
Tiny Pilgrim Wife

Character Reference
Year:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Prufus: Disclosing to a Flickering Flame   Tue Sep 10 2013, 22:55

Prudence: The house seemed to be glowing-- and while it didn't look like the Academy, really, it was much better than Prudence would have ever hoped for. The books lined most corners and walls and some of the titles she could see even from her far distance were unfamiliar. Plenty of reading material and she didn't know where to start.

The house was lavishly decorated, though not overly so, and it appeared that the occasional precious decoration was all but hidden by a bookshelf. It was obvious that he had made some preparations-- preparations for her. She had to do something for him, but first she needed to respond to the man peering down at her instead of gawking at his house.

She tried to form words for a moment, but giggled into her hand instead. The giggling evolved into laughter that bounced her curls and shook her shoulders and resulted in a couple of very embarrassing tiny snorts.

"You are a simple farm boy. You have what is obviously plenty of money and land, and yet you choose to teach at a school and put probably most of your wealth away. Your house is beautiful, but it's not as extravagant as some." She recalled a mansion that almost looked more like a castle on the edge of town. "If you think this changes my feelings about you, you're right, but not in the way you're probably dreading." The pesky chunk of hair that always plagued her by being in her face floated in her line of vision and she pushed it away behind her ear before continuing. "It shows me you haven't lost sight of yourself, even on top of a pile of gold, silver, and crops. You've kept your head throughout it all." She beamed at him. "It's quite admirable!"

She put her hands into her apron and shuffled around for a moment before she found what she was looking for. Breathing a quiet, "Aha!" she pulled out a perfectly folded handkerchief before moving over to him by the fire. Prudence pushed the bundle of cloth in his direction with both hands, smiling as she did so.

"A gesture of my appreciation," she said quietly. It was a silk handkerchief, embroidered with golden and orange stitching with the initials R. A. C. embroidered elegantly in the corner. Wheat patterns in off-white to gold gradients were stitched along its edges and a full harvest moon seemed to nearly glow just above his initials.

"I-it's not much," she admitted, "but I did stitch it by hand, so hopefully it will at least be enough to hold you over until I finish one or two... um..." she looked to the side, causing the hair to fall in her face again, "side projects," she finished quietly. The fire crackled and sparked as she gazed at it intently, hoping its glow could hide the glow radiating from her cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prufus: Disclosing to a Flickering Flame   

Back to top Go down

Prufus: Disclosing to a Flickering Flame
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3